Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blog Wars Part 1: The Irksome Menace

Blog WarsSeriously just kidding, I'm already having fun as you'll read in my post.
I expect the sequel will be a lot shorter than the original and hopefully slightly more applicable to my vocation.
A public library could use a blog two ways, it could use it to advertise the library and publicise events.
But surely the best and most fun use for a blog is as an annonymous, cathartic forum for librarians to rant about their profession. It's a tried and tested format as seen here, here, here, here, here, and here.
So patron's would either be informed about library services and activities or would have a renewed appreciation for long suffering library staff.

1 comment:

  1. Hi de hi - awesome first blog post! Concise and to the point. And I like your profile pic :) I see that you're a fan of the effinglibrarian - he is my librarian idol LOL I'll be popping in and out during the tutorial to see how people are doing and, more importantly, to respond to any/all comments, suggestions and queries. I hope you enjoy the rest of the journey :)

    ReplyDelete